Effective January 1st, 2020
Spireworks LLC ("Spireworks", "we", "us", or "our") is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust as it relates to the privacy of your information. This privacy notice (this "Privacy Notice") describes our policies and practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of that information through the mobile and desktop versions of our website, web pages, interactive features and social media pages and their respective contents (collectively, "Spireworks" or the "Site") whether accessed via computer, mobile device or other technology.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal data for a legitimate business purpose, which includes the use of an interactive lighting installation controlled by an internet connected device. Personal data means information that identifies you as an individual or from which you may be identified.
Personal Information: We will collect your name and email address when you register for an account, as well as your account password. If you wish to invite your friends to use Spireworks, you may be asked to submit your friends’ contact information. Our use, sharing and protection of the other person's information will also be subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Communications: You may send us communications, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding Spireworks; or you may send messages to others through Spireworks invitations, which we may store in order to process and deliver, and allow you to manage them.
Public Content: We may display information that you post to Spireworks with your followers, including your number of sessions, color selections or number of invites.
Information We Collect Automatically
Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of Spireworks, such as your session count, queue position, invitations, the pages you view, and the date and time of such use. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of Spireworks, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
Please be aware that if you disable or reject Cookies, some features and services of Spireworks may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account.
Web Beacons: We include web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking beacons and clear GIFs) with the content that we deliver to you, which we will use to collect information regarding your interaction with such content. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In addition, a web beacon allows third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer or mobile device that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in Cookies set by the third party. A web beacon may also tell your browser to get content from another server.
Mobile Device Information: When using our mobile application, we will collect your device type, device identifier, system version, application version, timezone, locale. We may also collect your location if this setting is enabled.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect about and from you to respond to you requests and your lighting selections; verify your identity; communicate with you about your account and activities on Spireworks and, in our discretion, changes to any Spireworks policy; tailor content, improve Spireworks; comply with legal obligations; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent. We collect your location based information
We send you Spireworks-related communications unless or until such time as you terminate your account.
Sharing Of Information
Your Privacy Rights, Choice, And Access
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
1. Opt-Out / Revocation Of Consent. If we rely on your consent to process personal information, you may always direct us not to share your information with third parties, not to use your information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you emails or other communications by: (i) sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) following the unsubscribe instructions within Spireworks emails. Note that in some situations we may no longer be able to provide you services if you revoke your consent; we may also limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
2. Access, Correction, and/or Deletion Of Your Personal Information. If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your information collected through Spireworks, you may edit account information or contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain information you have submitted through Spireworks. We are under no obligation to store such information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such information. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at 212-257-6600. We will retain and use your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, or an individual requests that we delete information about them. If you would like additional information concerning how long we keep a specific type of information you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
3. Ability to Object to Processing. You may object to our continued processing of your personal data. If we receive an objection, we will evaluate whether we are required by law to discontinue such processing.
4. California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year.. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
5. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
6. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive or contacting us using the information below. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
7. Different Purposes. If we use your information for a materially different purpose then it was collected, we will offer you the ability to either opt-in or opt-out of such a use, as required by law.
Spireworks is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Security Of Your Information
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use Spireworks and provide us with your information at your own risk. In the event that we are required to notify you about a situation involving your data, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail to the extent permitted by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
No Liability for Acts of Third Parties
Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of personally identifiable information collected on the Site, subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. We will have no liability for disclosure of personally identifiable information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized acts of third parties or through the use of third party cookies, including those of any advertisers when you view or click on their advertisements. Once you leave this Website, you will be subject to third party privacy policies, which may differ significantly from our Privacy Notice.
Spireworks is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States, and visitors to our Site, those who provide us Personal Information, and those who otherwise indicate their consent to the receipt of marketing or other information from us, should be aware that the laws of the United States may differ from those of your country of residence. Spireworks makes no representation that it is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. By using Spireworks, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that Spireworks is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws to the extent permitted by law. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
Information for California Residents
California Civil Code 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are "sold" or transferred for an organization’s "business purpose" as those terms are defined under California law. You can find a list of the categories of information that we share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below.
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on Spireworks prior to the change becoming effective. To the extent that our policy changes in a material way, the policy that was in place at the time that you submitted personal information to us will generally govern that information.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, or your experiences with us, our contact information is below:
- Spireworks LLC One Bryant Park New York, New York 100336 USA 212-257-6600 email@example.com (USA toll free: 833-693-6600)
- BRYAN CAVE LEIGHTON PAISNER LLP Adelaide House London Bridge London, United Kingdom EC4R 9HA 44 (0) 20 3207 1100 (USA toll free: 844-827-3224)
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.